There is a new domain extension call .tel, well, not exactly new but is gaining more recognition due to its value as being a simple domain name with the following features:
- integration of any and all means of communication (i.e. Phone numbers, IM, VOIP, email, social media)
- real-time publishing of your contact information on the internet
- full ownership of your published data
- protection of your private data, only viewable by people you authorize
- simple structured navigation to easily reach the most relevant information
- high speed global access optimized for mobile devices
- multi-language, search engine-friendly structured information and keyword
- no formal hosting or web site design required!!
To see a .tel domain in action, see: 123marbella.tel
How is a .tel different than a normal domain name?
Before the .tel came around when a person wished to create a web presence they would register a domain name (such as a .com or .co.uk), and attach this domain name to web hosting. Once the content of the website had been created using a particular code such as HTML, the domain name owner would be able to publish their website information live.
With a .tel there is no need for hosting. You simply log-into a control panel and fill in your company or personal details into pre-defined forms. Once you press publish, your company details will be live and accessible on the web.
The .tel is a great way for business owners to create a web presence for their company online in a professional pre-formatted way. The process doesn’t require a large time commitment or any experience with web design. If you have ever filled out a form online, then you can get a .tel up and running in minutes.
The .tel will also give businesses with an existing online presence a great opportunity to decide how and where customers communicate with their website visitors through any device that can connect to the internet. To learn more about the benefits of a .tel take a look at the top 10 reasons to buy a .tel and learn more through our short and informative .tel videos.
Why is .tel different than other Top Level Domains (TLDs)?
The value of a .tel domain lies with the ability to host personal (or corporate) contact information directly in the DNS, which can then be universally accessible. This stands in contrast to the typical use of the DNS for other TLDs, in which the DNS only provides a mapping between domain names and IP addresses.
Below is a video for how to manage your .tel, its pretty easy and well thought out.