I use a mac as my main machine, but very often I need to login to remote windows machines using Windows Remote Desktop for Mac to either work on native windows applications or do server tasks.
Making the mental switch though between CMD + C and CTRL + C quite often results in errors.
So, I have found the solution in the form of a piece of free mac software called “KARABINER” which allows you to switch the keys when you are connected through the RDP application.
Here is a link to Karabiner: https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/
- Install the application Karabiner
- Once installed, open Karabiner:
- From the ‘Change Key’ tab, expand the ‘For Applications’ section
- Expand ‘Enable at only Remote Desktop Connection Client’ sub-section
- Check ‘Change command key to control key in RDC’
Now when you use the RDP app, you can continue to use Cmd instead of Ctrl.